Effective Immediately – Tigard Chamber In Person Business Networking & Programs Suspended Until April 10th
Dear Members and Community,
Out of an abundance of caution and concern for both our business community and our community at large, the Tigard Chamber staff and Tigard Chamber Board of Directors have decided together to suspend in person Tigard Chamber sponsored gatherings from now until April 10th. This means Good Morning Tigard, Good Evening Tigard, Affinity Groups, Committee Meetings and Ribbon Cuttings will be impacted.
We want to do our part to help limit the future spread of COVID-19 and the impact to our health care and emergency service provider network, as well as those individuals with immune/compromised systems and our aging population in our community as we all navigate this unprecedented and uncertain time together. Given the number of people that come together at our gatherings in a variety of different sized venues, the social distancing of 3 ft between each person recommended by both the Governor and the Oregon Health Authority would be difficult to maintain, further supporting our decision.
In place of in person Tigard Chamber gatherings, we will be using tools and technology to come together virtually. We are testing that capacity today. Community and connection are important to our businesses and we are being creative in how we continue to provide that for our business community.
The event calendar will be updated with how to access business events virtually. The Tigard Chamber will remain open and staff is available in person and online and will continue individual member connections.
What can you do?
- We encourage members to continue to have individual interactions to conduct business and build relationships. Referring each other is now more important than ever. Together we are stronger.
- We know our restaurants, bars, coffee shops, service industry and other retail establishments at a minimum are seeing a decline in patronage. Think of ways to continue to support them. Order for pick up if you don’t feel comfortable dining in, buy gift cards in person or digitally where available, patronize a variety of establishments to support each others’ business.
- Reschedule versus cancel any large format events exceeding 250 people that you may be planning, this can help our economic recovery going forward.
- Engage with us in our new virtual business building format as we roll it out.
- If you are sick, please opt out of meetings and gatherings, take time to rest at home until you are well.
- Replace handshakes and hugs with non-contact greetings.
- Increase your digital and voice communications, stay connected with us and each other.
- Read our newsletter and other digital communications as we work to keep you informed on things that impact business, including COVID-19.
- Keep in mind that this is not forever, and we all need to do our part to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
We will also be testing and developing the ability for the office to go virtual should state and health officials change guidance for business. Until then, we are here, our members are here for one another, and we will continue to be building business and growing together.
On behalf of the Tigard Chamber Staff and Tigard Chamber Board of Directors
CEO, Tigard Chamber