The Tigard Chamber of Commerce conducts Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies as a complimentary service (a $250 value) for Chamber Members who invest at Visibility and above membership levels. Ceremonies can be performed as a stand-alone event, as part of a Good Morning Tigard hosted event, or as a part of an Open House, Grand Opening, After Hours, or Anniversary Celebration.
We bring the camera, official scissors and, of course, the ribbon!
Ribbon Cuttings are also available a la carte for Emerging Pro level members. Contact us at the Chamber to reserve your date at least 45 days in advance.
What are the benefits of holding a Ribbon Cutting?
- Holding a Ribbon Cutting is a great opportunity for you to create public awareness about your business
- A Ribbon Cutting also gives you the opportunity to thank your contractors, lenders and other support businesses who were involved in assisting you in opening or remodeling your business
- Your Ribbon Cutting can be a time to show future customers ‘behind the scenes’ areas of your business
When would a business hold a Ribbon Cutting?
- If you are within the first year of opening your business or expanding your business footprint.
- If you are within a year of purchasing an existing business.
- If your business recently moved, has been remodeled or has changed ownership.
- If your business is celebrating a milestone Anniversary.
What the Chamber does:
- Sends out an email to chamber Ambassadors, Chamber Board Members and City Officials to notify them of your Ribbon Cutting
- Promotes the event on the Chamber Calendar available to all our Chamber members and the general public
- Provides the giant scissors and ribbon to cut
- Attends the Ribbon Cutting and takes a photo and video of the ceremony
- Posts the photo and video on the Chamber Facebook page
- Typically our Ambassadors and a Staff Member will attend. On occasion as time allows, the Chamber CEO, Chair of the Board, Mayor of Tigard, City Councilors and Board Members attend as well. Attendance is dependent on availability of the participants.
What the Member Business does:
- Plans the date and time of the Ribbon Cutting with the Staff of the Chamber to be sure we are available. To avoid date and time conflicts, it is best to set a date well in advance, 30-90 days notice is optimal.
- We strongly encourage you to schedule your Ribbon Cutting Monday – Friday and either early in the morning, at lunch time, or after 5pm to avoid conflicts and give our members the opportunity to support the event.