Specifics about the award categories (click the title to go to the form) Deadline to Nominate is March 1, 2019:
Tigard’s First Citizen
– Named in honor of John E. Cook, this award recognizes someone who has made in-depth, long-term volunteer contributions to the Tigard community over the years. The winner is active, involved, interested, and enthusiastic about making Tigard a nice place to live and work. This individual excels in any area of unpaid endeavor of education, social services, youth work, and community improvement of public services. This award is given in the spirit of all volunteers who remain unknown. The recipient joins the ranks of those previously honored in continually striving to improve the Tigard Area. See a list of recipients
over the last 42 years that have impacted Tigard
From the Heart
– This award honors a person who has dedicated their time and energy to a specific cause in the Tigard community. Jim Hartman set the standard for this award by his example of giving from the heart to his community. This person gives willingly, energetically and consistently. This person might be well known or might be a “quiet” volunteer, unrecognized until now, but always gives “from the heart”! This person may have worked on the same project for many years. See the list of recipients
over the last 25+ years who have given from the heart to Tigard.
Tigard Youth Volunteer Award
– This award is given in honor of former Mayor, Jim Nicoli, who passed away in 2000. His dedication to the youth of our community was a fitting way to honor his name and award a youth in our community who volunteers to make a difference. Many young people in Tigard are active in volunteer efforts and it is our pleasure to acknowledge their contributions of dedication, energy and community spirit. They are the future! See the list of recent recipients
Tigard’s Chamber Business of the Year
– This award recognizes a chamber business that has made in-depth contributions to the Tigard community through their business. The winner is active, involved, interested, and enthusiastic about continuing to make Tigard a destination of choice for local business. Nominee must be a chamber member in good standing. See the list of recipients
that have impacted Tigard.
Outstanding Chamber Volunteer
– This award honors a Chamber member who has volunteered many hours of time, talent and energy to the success and growth of the Tigard Chamber. Bert Tousey and his example of Chamber volunteerism is commitment at its best. This person is an example of an active member who has sustained their efforts on behalf of the Chamber over a long period of time. By their efforts, they have made this organization more effective in serving the Tigard community. See the list of recipients
that have positively impacted the chamber over more than 35 years!
Ambassador of the Year
Being an Ambassador for the Tigard Area Chamber of Commerce is no small task!
The Ambassador of the Year Award should be presented to a volunteer who significantly affects a positive perception of the Chamber through active participation, an optimistic attitude and solid business practices. The recipient is active, involved, interested, and enthusiastic about making the Tigard Chamber a great organization to be a part of!
This year’s event will be held Friday, May 3, 2019 at Embassy Suites.