Each year the Tigard Chamber awards scholarships for college to deserving seniors. These scholarships are made possible through the generous donation of Pride Disposal, over 80 Tigard Chamber Members and sponsors. These $1,000 scholarships are open to any high school senior that is continuing their education in a vocational program, professional training, two year college or four year university that meet the below criteria for the two scholarship applications.
- Reside in 97223 or 97224 or go to school in 97223 or 97224
- Plan to pursue a career in business, trades or non-profit sector
- Show involvement in work and/or extracurricular activity.
- Possess a 2.5 GPA or above.
The 2021 application is due Friday, March 12th by 4 PM in the office if dropped off or postmarked/emailed no later than 3/12/2021. The awardees will receive a phone call informing them of their scholarship and will be formally awarded the scholarship at the virtual Tigard Shining Stars Community Awards on April 30, 2021.
A completed application includes:
- A completed application form that can be downloaded here.
- A one page essay (250 words or less) on a goal you are passionate about.
- Transcript through Junior year.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, club advisors, or employers.