Annually, the Tigard Chamber awards scholarships to high school seniors to apply to college costs. These scholarships are open to seniors that are planning to attend a 4 year university, 2 year community college or those pursuing vocational and technical training opportunities. Currently we award between 3-4 $1,000 scholarships each year based on the generous contributions of Pride Disposal, Tigard Chamber members and other sponsoring businesses.
These $1,000 scholarships are open to any high school senior that is continuing their education in a vocational program, professional training, two year college or four year university that meet the below criteria for the two scholarship applications.
- Reside in 97223 or 97224 or go to school in 97223 or 97224
- Plan to pursue a career in business, trades or non-profit sector
- Show involvement in work and/or extracurricular activity.
- Possess a 2.5 GPA or above.
The 2022 application is due Thursday, March 10th by 4 PM in the office if dropped off or postmarked/emailed no later than 3/10/2021. The awardees will receive a phone call informing them of their scholarship and will be formally awarded the scholarship at the virtual Tigard Shining Stars Community Awards on April 29, 2021.
A completed application includes:
- A completed application form that can be downloaded here.
- A one page essay (250 words or less) on a goal you are passionate about.
- Transcript through Junior year.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, club advisors, or employers.
Contribute to the Scholarship Fund
Our vision is to grow our fund to at least $10,000 so we can support our future workforce in gaining the skills they need to contribute to our businesses as future employees. This is your opportunity to participate in this process if you desire. Many contribution levels are available.
$1600 – Scholarship Bundle
$1,000 Scholarship +Silver Level Table Sponsor Benefits at Shining Stars $550, Opportunity to present scholarship, Business Name Recognition at Shining Stars, Opportunity to participate in scholarship selection, listing on Tigard Chamber Scholarship Donor Page
$1,100 Scholarship Donation
$1000 Scholarship – Business Name Recognition at Shining Stars, listing on Tigard Chamber Scholarship Donor Page
$550 Scholarship Donation – $500 Scholarship Donation, listing on Tigard Chamber Scholarship Donor Page
$100 Scholarship Donation – $100 Scholarship Donation
$25 Scholarship Donation – $25 Scholarship Donation
Contact Danny Botnik to make a contribution to the scholarship fund.
* Please note, there is an average of 10% withheld from total donations for administrative and processing fees to manage this program.