Make an Impact – Apply for Leadership Tigard
Aug 12th, 2020
For Immediate Release: Tigard, Oregon
Leadership Tigard: Your Backstage Pass to Community and Opportunity
The Tigard Chamber of Commerce is seeking curious, collaborative, constructive, compassionate, and connected adults who are: business owners, government, non-profit, or academic professionals and volunteers.
Are you interested in gaining more knowledge about the community you live, work and play in? How about a deeper understanding of how it all fits together between business, government, non-profits, and community? Would you like to impact the community of Tigard and help make it even better? Then consider Leadership Tigard! Not into reading, go to our video page here,
Leadership Tigard is a 1 day/month, 9 month program of the Tigard Chamber of Commerce. The goal of the program is to educate and inspire adult leaders to participate in the life of our community at a variety of levels. The purpose of Leadership Tigard is to create knowledgeable, connected, skilled, involved and passionate business and community members/leaders.
Participants in Leadership Tigard become part of local solutions as more informed and engaged citizens. What some previous participants say about Leadership Tigard:
- Karen Emerson, current Tigard School Board member stated: “Leadership Tigard helped me find the confidence to represent my neighbors on the school board.”
- Halsted Bernard, Director of Tigard Public Library stated: “Leadership Tigard has given me the tools to engage more deeply with the Tigard Community and the resources to collaborate with other leaders.”
- Michelle Cheney, health care professional: ”I’ve lived in Tigard for 15 years and worked here for 7 and almost everything we learned was new. I was delighted with how much Tigard has to offer, and I learned about important ways I can contribute to my community.”
Leadership Tigard graduates have impacted the local community through service projects over the last four years of the program in the following ways:
- 2020 – Site preparation, assembly and installation of play structure for Family Promise of Tualatin Valley, a non profit that serves homeless children and their families.
- 2019 – Raised over $6,000 for the Chelsea Hicks Foundation who provides play and laughter to children fighting cancer.
- 2018 – Assembled 300 “Fresh Start” kits with essential health, hygiene and other necessities for the city’s most needy residents distributed through local agencies.
- 2017 – Raised $5,000 for Project Homeless Connect Tigard – One Day Event, serving some of our most vulnerable community members.
Applications are now being accepted for the Leadership Tigard class of 2020/21. The program runs October 12th 2020 through June15th, 2021. Applications are due by September 24th, 2020. To learn more and/or apply visit: Leadership.TigardChamber.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact Debi Mollahan: Debi@TigardChamber.org or (503) 639-1683