Edge One Media Named 2019 Tigard Chamber Business of the Year
Edge One Media, Owned by Nicholas De Salvo and Megan De Salvo, partners in business and in life, has been selected as the 2019 Tigard Chamber Business of the Year. This award recognizes a chamber business that has made in-depth contributions to the Tigard community through their business. The winner is active, involved, interested, and enthusiastic about continuing to make Tigard a destination of choice for local business. Nominee must be a chamber member in good standing.
In a quote from Nicholas, “My Grandfather used to tell me, “Community service is the rent you pay for living in the world.” If you asked Megan (my loving wife and incredible business partner), she would tell you that her passion for giving is deeply rooted in her childhood memories as well. So, when Megan and I started looking to grow our business together, one of our core values was giving back to our community. Megan volunteered on every committee she was invited to and I set about supporting her efforts with the digital and creative work our company could offer.”
You can see this rings true about this company and this couple based on their level of community impact.
An 8-year Chamber Member and in business since 2003, Edge One Media has made its impact felt within the Tigard Community and beyond. In addition to running their business both with heart, humor and high ethics, over the years, Edge One Media has supported the Tigard community and Pacific Northwest area (particularly non-profits) through a broad range of activities, events, programs and volunteerism. These include, but are not limited to:
Volunteers with Tigard Tualatin Relay for Life over the last 8 years. Megan has participated in Tigard/Tualatin
Relay for Life for the last 8 years and Nicholas for the last 6 years. Seven of those years, Megan was the Co-Chair
for the event. Under her tenure, the event grew from a handful of Committee Members,
14 Teams and $28,000 Raised to 17 Committee Members, 33 Teams and just under
$100,000 raised. Nationwide, the
American Cancer Society (ACS) has seen a decrease in participation in these
events, while the Tigard/Tualatin Relay for Life continues to see growth adding
Sherwood to their event this year. Due to the teaming of Megan and Nicholas and
Committee Member Angie Linderman (also a Chamber Member), the Tigard Tualatin
Relay for Life was recognized last year with a National Award for Best
Marketing out of all RFL Events. Because of these accomplishments Megan has
been asked to be a member of the ACS Area Team Leadership.
Nicholas has also given his time to the American Cancer Society’s Tigard / Tualatin Relay for Life as the Luminaria Ceremony Chair and has the large task of compiling images into a video for their Luminaria Ceremony held at dusk each year during the event. He has spent hundreds of hours designing these videos and each year it gets more difficult to see friends and family and others loved ones go from the Survivor section to In Memory. His Luminaria Ceremonies have gotten a lot of attention including TV press for the event, people share their experience from our ceremony with others, and for many it is how they first get introduced to the event. He has already had press for this year’s event in July. Due to his involvement and passion he was asked to be a key volunteer with ACS as part of the Area Team Leadership and helped lead the “How to tell your ACS Story” session at this year’s Relay for Life Summit in Salem, Oregon.
and support of a broad range of community events:
- Tigard Farmers Market Music Sponsor 2016-2017 Seasons and Friend of the Market
- Tigard Chamber Bowl-o-Rama Sponsor Yearly
- Tigard Shining Stars Community Awards Gala Sponsor/Auction Donor Yearly
supporter of Downtown Tigard events (Street Fair, Tree Lighting, Trick or Treat
Main Street) through Graphic Design and Marketing Collateral.
for key Non-Profits
- Non-Profit Great Website Giveaway as part of Edge One Media’s 15 Year Anniversary Celebration. This benefited Tigard Chamber member Project Homeless Connect who delivers needed support services to our homeless friends in both Tigard and throughout Washington County. Their new website is highly navigable, feature rich and helps tell their story.
- Reduced rates to other non-profit raffle participants in the Non-Profit Website Giveaway for website updates / creation- This has directly benefited the Tigard Downtown Alliance who is about ready to launch its new website.
- Free Design Services / Social Media and Pay Per Click Ad Assistance over the past 8 years which has benefited Non-Profits such as but not limited to, Tigard Playschool, Family Promise of Tualatin Valley, Love INC, Doernbecher Children’s Hospital Foundation, Gung Ho Ministries, Washington County Project Homeless Connect, Struble Foundation, Music for the Heart, and the American Cancer Society.
always offer special discounts for Non-Profits on all services they provide.
within the Tigard Community
- Megan – Board Member Tigard Chamber (5 yrs), Ambassador Committee (5 yrs), Marketing Committee Chair (3 yrs), Candidate Endorsement Committee, Relay for Life Co-Chair (6 yrs), Relay for Life Marketing Chair (1 yr), Class of 2018 Leadership Tigard graduate, Young Professionals of Tigard (3 yrs), Tigard Play School (2 yrs), Collaborative Business Builders (2 yrs), BNI Oregon (4 yrs), and countless business and Non-Profit startups.
- Nicholas – Creative talent behind Tigard Chamber Rebrand and Support for Events, Donation of Design and Creative work for Downtown Tigard events (3yrs), time and talent to Love INC of Tigard, Tualatin, and Sherwood (4 yrs), Tigard / Tualatin Relay for Life Luminaria Chair (6 yrs), Tigard Play School (5 yrs), Collaborative Business Builders (1 year), and countless business and Non-Profit startups.
- Portland Business Journal Corporate Philanthropy Awards recipient 2017 and 2018
- Tigard Chamber Volunteer of the Year (Nicholas 2016, Megan 2015 and 2014)
- Tigard Chamber Ambassador of the Year (Megan 2013)
As you can see, Nicholas and Megan have made their impact felt on our community. Please join us in congratulating Edge One Media and Megan and Nicholas De Salvo on this well-deserved award. This award will be formally presented with other Tigard volunteer and business awards at Tigard’s 2019 Shining Stars Community Awards Celebration, which will be held on Friday, May 3rd from 5:30pm-9 pm at Embassy Suites – Washington Square, event location host. With a theme of “Travel” this elegant-themed event includes dinner, silent auction, dessert dash, awards, and more. Tickets are only $60/person. So dress your best and come join us to celebrate Tigard!